Educate, Enrich, Enlighten, Empower...Events & Workshops
Who can benefit? Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Nannies, Caregivers, Teachers, Child Care Professionals, Athletic Coaches (anyone who works with children)
What to expect? A group of parents, educators, caregivers or child/health care professionals come together to learn & support one another, share common concerns, challenges & issues relating to parenting, raising children of all ages, family dynamics & relationships, positive discipline, listening/communication, cooperation, child behavior & developmental stages, peer pressure, bullying, outside influences/technology, emotional health & physical development at all ages & stages of life.
Participants can engage, observe & listen while learning about a particular topic, ask relevant questions & share constructive feedback with the group. All workshops are designed to create a safe, friendly, non-judgmental & inspirational environment. Participants will gain confidence, competence, helpful insights, new perspectives & approaches to parenting along with practical techniques, tips & tools to support a more mindful, conscious & whole child style of parenting.
How many participants in a group? Group size may vary. Minimum of five.
Where are workshops located? Workshops can be held in a private home, PTA/SEPTA meetings, schools, camps, libraries, community centers, child care & health care facilities, corporate workplace (lunchtime seminars) or designated public location (restaurant space can be reserved).
What are the fees? Fees vary depending on time frame, size of group & location. *Ask about a special option for children's learning & activity centers. Support materials are included. Marketing is shared. Child care may be provided (depending on venue staff/availability) for an additional fee.
How to Schedule: Workshops are scheduled (ideally) 3-4 weeks in advance & based on availability. Offered during daytime & evening, weekday & weekend. They can run weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or one-time only. *Deposit is required to secure workshop date & time. *Cancellation fees may apply - 50% fee for workshops canceled less than 48 hours of scheduled date.
Click BELOW for workshop topics OR create your own!
Contact Erika at 516-647-0323 or Erika@parentfromtheheart.com for more information.
Please call or click here to REGISTER in advance at (917) 863-7865.
Parenting is much like cultivating a garden. We must first create a healthy, fertile foundation in which to plant our seeds. Then we embark on a life-long journey of nurturing our seeds a little each day with just the right dose of love and affection, guidance and support, limits and life lessons as we watch them grow and mature naturally and happily.
Please join me to gain support and discuss a wide variety of topics relevant to everyday parent life. All are welcome to share personal concerns and stories or simply listen and learn. I'll be happy to offer positive feedback, creative insights and practical strategies to promote healthy communication, discipline and peaceful ways to handle conflict within families.
This group is suggested for expecting and new parents, as well as those moms and dads raising toddlers, twins or teens. Grandparents are welcome too! Come when you can.
Becoming The Parent You Want To Be
Parenting Support & Discussion Series
Join us for casual, inspiring, engaging, honest & enlightening discussions!
● Gain professional support, insights, helpful strategies & tips on parenting kids of all ages.
● Learn new approaches to discipline & handling specific parenting challenges.
● Empower yourself & your children with positive listening & communication skills.
● Understand your child’s behavior, perspective, social & emotional stages of development.
● Strengthen family relationships & encourage cooperation, compassion & connection.
● Meet other open-minded parents to share feelings, frustrations & personal parenting experiences.
● Self-reflection & awareness relevant to exploring patterns from our past that block us from becoming the
parent we can be in the present. Time to break the cycles from past generations & create new traditions!
Wednesdays @ 10:30-12 on: 4/29, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27, 6/3
Le Play Café...2465 Merrick Road, Bellmore, NY 11710
CALL to Register : 516-308-7053
Investment: $150/series - $30/per session *Child Care Included!
A Weekend Retreat for Women ...
Releasing Past Influences That Keep Us From Being Our Best.
Friday, June 12 @11am - Sunday, June14 @1pm
St. Josephat's Retreat House, Glen Cove, NY 11542
*Special discounted fees available! Call Erika 516.647.0323 for more information.
Inquiries about Erika coming to your location or event to speak on a topic from the list below or facilitate a workshop or support group... at your school, PTA, library, community center, wellness center, child care facility, workplace, private club or parent group, which may also include gathering family members, neighbors or friends at a private home.
* Becoming a Family - Evolving Naturally *Alternatives to Spanking & Punishment
* Building Character & Resiliency * Outside Influences/Technology
* Family Values & Traditions * Balancing Needs in a Family *Self Care is NOT Selfish
* Discipline & Consequences * Emotional Intelligence * Resolving Conflicts Peacefully
* Parents as Partners - Roles & Resposibilities * Family Dynamics & Relationships
* Fear of Failure/Perfectionism * Unconditional Love & Parenting *Moral Intelligence
* Cooperation & Mutual Respect * Life Lessons & Literature *Divorce & Single Parents
* Sports Teams & Your Child * Friendships, Social Skills & Peer Pressure
* Understanding the Changing Culture & Stages of Development from Toddler to Teens
* Bullying - At Home & School * Siblings Without Rivalry * Advocate for Your Child
* How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen so Kids Will Talk (for Teens too!)
NEW! A Parenting Support Group
Click to Visit Proactive & Passionate Parents of Long Island