Educate, Enrich, Enlighten, Empower...Events & Workshops
Who can benefit? Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Nannies, Caregivers, Teachers, Child Care Professionals, Athletic Coaches (anyone who works with children)
What to expect? A group of parents, educators, caregivers or child/health care professionals come together to learn & support one another, share common concerns, challenges & issues relating to parenting, raising children of all ages, family dynamics & relationships, positive discipline, listening/communication, cooperation, child behavior & developmental stages, peer pressure, bullying, outside influences/technology, emotional health & physical development at all ages & stages of life.
Participants can engage, observe & listen while learning about a particular topic, ask relevant questions & share constructive feedback with the group. All workshops are designed to create a safe, friendly, non-judgmental & inspirational environment. Participants will gain confidence, competence, helpful insights, new perspectives & approaches to parenting along with practical techniques, tips & tools to support a more mindful, conscious & whole child style of parenting.
How many participants in a group? Group size may vary. Minimum of five.
Where are workshops located? Workshops can be held in a private home, PTA/SEPTA meetings, schools, camps, libraries, community centers, child care & health care facilities, corporate workplace (lunchtime seminars) or designated public location (restaurant space can be reserved).
What are the fees? Fees vary depending on time frame, size of group & location. *Ask about a special option for children's learning & activity centers. Support materials are included. Marketing is shared. Child care may be provided (depending on venue staff/availability) for an additional fee.
How to Schedule: Workshops are scheduled (ideally) 3-4 weeks in advance & based on availability. Offered during daytime & evening, weekday & weekend. They can run weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or one-time only. *Deposit is required to secure workshop date & time. *Cancellation fees may apply - 50% fee for workshops canceled less than 48 hours of scheduled date.
Click BELOW for workshop topics OR create your own!
Contact Erika at 516-647-0323 or Erika@parentfromtheheart.com for more information.
Becoming The Parent You Want To Be
Parenting Support & Discussion Series
Join us for casual, inspiring, engaging, honest & enlightening discussions!
● Gain professional support, insights, helpful strategies & tips on parenting kids of all ages.
● Learn new approaches to discipline & handling specific parenting challenges.
● Empower yourself & your children with positive listening & communication skills.
● Understand your child’s behavior, perspective & emotional stages of development.
● Strengthen family relationships & encourage cooperation, compassion & connection.
● Meet other open-minded parents to share feelings, frustrations & personal parenting experiences.
● Self-reflection & awareness relevant to exploring patterns from our past that block us from becoming the
parent we can be in the present. Time to break the cycles from past generations & create new traditions!
Wednesdays @ 11:00-12:30 on the following dates: 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1
Le Play Café...2465 Merrick Road, Bellmore, NY 11710
Light Refreshments & Child Care Included!
CALL to Register : 516-308-7053
Investment: $100 *Advance registration ONLY!
*Walk-Ins welcome if space is available...$120 when registering at the door.
Call & email Erika about speaking engagements or facilitating a...
support/discussion group at...your school, camp, club, PTA, library, community center, healthcare center, child care center workplace or a private group of family, neighbors or friends!
"Be the Best Parent You Can Be"
Parents - YOU are the greatest influence in your child’s life! Create an engaging, enlightening & inspiring conversation with other like-minded parents. Gain confidence, new perspectives, strategies & approaches! Topics may include:
* Becoming a Family - Evolving Naturally *Alternatives to Spanking & Punishment
* Building Character & Resiliency * Outside Influences/Technology
*Family Values & Traditions * Balancing Needs in a Family *Self Care is NOT Selfish
* Discipline & Consequences * Emotional Intelligence * Resolving Conflicts Peacefully
* Parents as Partners - Roles & Resposibilities * Family Dynamics & Relationships
* Fear of Failure/Perfectionism * Unconditional Love & Parenting
* Cooperation & Mutual Respect * Life Lessons Through Literature
* Sports Teams & Your Child * Friendships, Social Skills & Peer Pressure
* Understanding the Changing Culture & Stages of Development from Toddler to Teens
* Bullying - At Home & School * Siblings Without Rivalry * Advocate for Your Child
* How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen so Kids Will Talk (for Teens too!)
NEW! A Parenting Support Group
Click to Visit Proactive & Passionate Parents of Long Island