Who will benefit? All expecting and new parents, mothers and fathers, grandparents, nannies, caregivers, teachers, coaches, child care and health care professionals.
What to expect? A group of people come together to learn and grow while supporting one another. Erika will present and/or facilitate a discussion on a chosen topic of interest. She will foster positive interactions among participants and perhaps lead activities that will enhance learning.
Like-minded attendees may choose to share common concerns, challenges and issues related to parenthood, relationships, communication, conflict resolution, nurturing toddlers, adolescents and teens, social/emotional health and wellness, family life, healthy growth and development at all ages and stages. Participants are encouraged to speak honestly and listen with an open mind. Time is given for Q&A. All workshops/presentations are designed to create a safe, friendly, non-judgmental learning environment. People leave feeling calm, confident and inspired.
How many participants in a group? Group sizes vary. Minimum is five.
Where are workshops located? Workshops can be held in a private home, PTA/SEPTA meetings, schools, camps, libraries, wellness and community centers, child care facilities, corporate workplace and designated public venue.
What are the fees? Fees vary, depends on time, size of group and location. *Special option for enrichment centers with staff for child care. Support materials are included. Marketing is shared. Travel expenses may apply.
How to Schedule: Workshops are scheduled (ideally) 3-4 weeks in advance based on availability. Offered during day and evening, weekday and weekend. Sessions can run weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or one-time only. *Deposit is required to secure workshop date & time. *Cancellation fees may apply - 50% fee for workshops canceled less than 48 hours of scheduled date.
Click BELOW for workshop topics OR create your own!
Contact Erika at 516-647-0323 or Erika@parentfromtheheart.com for scheduling.
Becoming A Family - Building A Nest - Balance After Baby
A Workshop for New & Expecting Parents
Note: This workshop series is designed for individual couples and
small groups (4-6 couples). Sessions are held at private homes or local venues.
With high rates of mental and emotional disorders in new mothers and fathers, relationship distress and breakdown of families, we must be more proactive!
Although having a baby can be filled with abundant joys, the truth is that parenthood brings a great deal of change, uncertainty and some unexpected challenges for parents.
The first few years of family life can be quite confusing, chaotic and overwhelming.
Professional support will help to increase your confidence, awareness and understanding of the natural evolution that occurs in all relationships, as your time, energy and priorities shift.
Gain tools in positive communication, conflict resolution and coping with mixed emotions.
Fees vary. Send email to request more information and scheduling options.
Be The Best Parent You Can Be
A Workshop for Moms & Dads
Tuesday, March 21 @7-8:30 pm &
Wednesday, March 22 @12-1:30 pm
As your children grow, you can choose to learn and grow alongside them. Cultivating daily practices in mindfulness, active listening, positive communication, conflict resolution and emotional connection will help parents develop meaningful relationships with their children. Ultimately, these tools will enhance and strengthen ALL family relationships.
In this workshop, we'll also be exploring practical ways to create a calmer, more peaceful, and cooperative home. Join us to gain professional insights and inspiration that will assist you in becoming the BEST parent you can be. All parents are welcome. FREE Admission!
Hosted by: Floral Park Library 17 Caroline Place, Floral Park, NY 11001
Please REGISTER in ADVANCE!
Growing Up, Growing Together
A Workshop Series for Parents
Mondays on 1/16, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13 at 7 - 8 pm
Gain professional support, practical tips and strategies for nurturing emotionally healthy and well-adjusted children. Ideal for parents with kids ages 2-10.
Weekly discussion topics will include:
● Explore new approaches to discipline and alternatives to punishment.
● Learn active listening, positive communication and conflict resolution skills.
● Identify your child’s temperament and underlying reasons for their behavior.
● Nurture emotional well-being, resilience, self-esteem, confidence and kindness.
● Strengthen family relationships through cooperation, compassion and connection.
● Meet like-minded parents, share feelings, frustrations and experiences.
● Discover beliefs/patterns from the past that may be blocking you from being the parent you
really want to be.
Please CALL 516.764.6000 to Reserve YOUR Spot
This charming venue has a lovely cafe. Enjoy refreshments during our sessions each week!
Weekly Investment: $30/individual - $50/couples
Turn of the Corkscrew 110 N. Park Avenue Rockville Centre, NY 11570
A special evening for moms to come out, relax, mingle and learn.
Educational presentations, refreshments and local vendors will be available
to all enrolled families and open to the public as well.
January 20, 2017 @ 7 - 10 pm
Call Marjorie Mallard to RSVP: 631. 319. 1667 or
Attendees - $10 - *Childcare available - additional fee*
Hosted by Precious Lambs Early Childhood and Child Care Center
630 Broadway Ave. Holbrook NY. 11741
She'll gladly travel to your location at a mutually agreed upon day/ time. Simply choose a topic from the list below OR create a custom designed presentation for your school event, PTA/SEPTA, public library, community center, wellness center, child care facility, workplace, private organization or local parent group. Erika will also assist you in gathering a small group of family members, neighbors, friends or co-workers at a private home or public venue.
* Building a Nest...Growing a Family *Transitioning to Parenthood
* Building Character & Resiliency * Outside Influences & Peer Pressure
* Family Values & Traditions * Keeping Balance After Baby *Self Care is NOT Selfish
* Positive Discipline & Natural Consequences *Healthy Habits & Food Choices
* Resolve Conflicts Peacefully *Alternatives to Punishment * Emotional Intelligence
* Parents as Partners... Roles & Resposibilities * Developing Healthy Family Relationships
* Fear of Failure/Perfectionism * Unconditional Love & Parenting *Moral Intelligence
* Cooperation & Mutual Respect * Life Lessons & Literature *Divorce & Single Parents
* Sports Teams & Your Child * Social/ Emotional Life Skills *Trauma in Childhood
* Understanding Your Child's Stages of Growth & Development *Responsible Pet Care
* Bullying...At Home & School * Siblings Without Rivalry * Advocate for Your Child
* Learn to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen so Kids Will Talk (for Teens too!)
Join my growing group for Long Island parents only...
Click HERE to learn more about
Parent From The Heart...Growing a Family.